- October 29, 2017
10:30 am - 2:00 pm
Definition of Stampede: A movement or reaction of a mass of people in response to a particular circumstance or stimulus
Whether you walk, push a wheelchair, use a mobility aid, jump, dance or stroll, join us on Sunday 29 October 2017 at 10.30am in Wellington Square, North Adelaide for a fun day out which includes loads of colour, music and good vibes as we Stampede with a 2km loop through the streets of North Adelaide like you’ve never seen before.
This is more than just a walk! We are rallying together as a mass of people, loud and proud to celebrate everybody’s abilities and we need your support to help promote a socially inclusive community for South Australians living with disabilities.
At the end of the Stampede there will be a huge day of free activities, live entertainment, delicious food, fun and games to celebrate our abilities as a community. There are some great prizes to be won!
And the best thing of all is – it’s free to participate!
- Date Sunday 29 October 2017
- Time 10.00am arrival for a 10.30am sharp start
- Location Wellington Square, North Adelaide
- Distance of walk 2km loop (start and finish in Wellington Square)
- Parking There is lots of free parking around Wellington Square on a Sunday morning
- Entertainment Upon completion of the walk, there will be free live entertainment, food & games
Make a difference and fundraise
White it is entirely optional, if you would like to fundraise for scosa as part of the Stampede, there are a number of options available to you, including:
- Setting up an online page where your friends, family members and work colleagues can make a tax deductible donation to support your efforts
- Participating as a work team and all agreeing to make a contribution, such as $5 per person and matched by your employer
- Holding your own pre-Stampede fundraiser, such as a Footy Finals BBQ in September, where everyone makes a donation that goes to scosa